If there is a crowd pleaser I like, it is this recipe here! It is so easy to make and the best part is how affordable it is. It takes under 30 minutes for this recipe and I swear it will be gone in a flash! The savory topping is creamy over crispy bread!
First you need to make the ricotta spread. That is the simplest part. Just add ricotta, lemon, parsley, and 1/2 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning. Mix well. On a large soft French loaf, cut in half length wise and spread the ricotta mix on top so there is a nice even thick layer.
Then, sprinkle on your chicken. You can make and shred your chicken or buy precooked chicken. You need about 1/2 a cup per loaf side. Next add your bacon bits and 4 oz of shredded mozzarella to each side. Bake at 450 for about 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown and the edges of the bread has crisped up! Sprinkle with a little parsley and you’re done! Optional for a little heat is red pepper flakes!
French Bread 2.50$ (Kroger)
Ricotta 15 oz 2.99$ (Kroger)
Hidden Valley Ranch Packet 1.99$ (Kroger)
Mozarella 8 oz 2.49$ (Kroger)
Chicken varies by store but I got a container of just breast meat by the rotisserie section 5$ or 8$ for whole rotisserie chicken (Kroger)
Lemon .59$ (Kroger)
Parsley .99$ (Kroger)
Bacon Bits 3 oz 2.69$ (Kroger)
Total is 19.74$ if you buy a small container of pre-cooked chicken breast which feeds 6 total! so each serving is just a little over 3$ a person!
Easy and Cheap Bacon Ranch Chicken Cheesy Bread
- 1 Loaf Soft French Bread
- 15 oz Ricotta
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1/2 Packet Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- 8 Oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 Oz Bacon Bits
- 4 Oz Pre-Cooked and Shredded Chicken
- Optional: Red Pepper Flakes
- In a bowl, mix your ricotta, lemon juice, parsley and ranch seasoning packet. Set aside.
- Slice your bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread your ricotta mixture on both sides so there is an even, thick layer.
- Sprinkle your bacon and chicken on top. Lastly sprinkle your shredded mozzarella.
- Bake at 450 F for about 10-15 minutes until the top is melty and golden brown and the edges of the bread are crispy. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately
Leave a Reply