I love all of my salmon air fryer meals, and this one is my newest one! It is full of delicious flavor and can be made for the whole family! What I really like about this recipe is the savory rice combination with the tangly sauce and cajun salmon.
First, you need to dice your veggies. For this recipe, your veggies will be in your dirty rice. dirty rice usually contains sausage in it, but since we have the salmon, I am leaving out the sausage. Dice your onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and parsley,
In a small pot, sauté your onion, garlic, celery, and bell pepper. Sauté for about 2 minutes. Next, add your rinsed rice and 1 Tsp of tomato paste. Stir until the rice is coated. Next add the chicken broth. I used bone broth for extra protein. Let simmer until rice is fluffy and tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the salmon bites, dice your salmon and marinate with olive oil and your favorite cajun seasoning. I use Tony’s and it works perfectly. Air Fry at 390 for 10-12 minutes. You can oven bake these at 375 for about 15-20 minutes.
Lastly, for the sauce, add your mayonnaise, lemon zest, juice of 1/2 lemon, tomato paste, tobacco, paprika, cajun seasoning, and parsley. Mix. Drizzle this over your salmon and rice. Serve with lemon slices and some parsley!
Easy Air Fryer Cajun Salmon Bites with Dirty Rice
- 1/2 Diced White Onion
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Stalks Diced Celery
- 1/2 Diced Bell Pepper
- 1 Tsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Rice
- 2 Cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 4-6 Oz Salmon Filet Diced
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup Mayonaise
- Lemon Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Tsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp Tabasco
- 1 Dash Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cajun Seasoning.
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- Dice your veggies and sauté in a skillet on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Rinse your rice until the water runs clear.
- Add your tomato paste, rinsed rice, and paprika. Mix until rice is coated. Add 2 cups of chicken bone broth. Let simmer until rice is cooked, and fluffy. Set aside.
- For your salmon bites, remove the skin and dice into 1 inch cubes. Marinate with olive oil and cajun seasoning.
- Air fry at 390 for 10-12 minutes. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
- For the sauce mix the cajun sauce ingredients into a bowl and stir.
- Serve salmon over rice and drizzle sauce over. Optional serve with lemon and parsley