I am loving this easy 10 minute noodle trend! There is just endless possibilities of flavors. This recipe is for those who love bold, and SPICY! I specifically picked out a fun new flavor of ramen at the local Asian market and had to try. I find that sometimes ramen can have an artificial flavor so I decided to add just a couple of ingredients to make it taste even better!
First, in a skillet, saute garlic and red chili flakes with some sesame oil. Sauté until garlic is fragrant, just a minute or two.
Then, add about 2 tbsp of soy sauce or 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce. We do not want to add too much soy since ramen it self is very salty. Next, add about 1/2 cup of water and let the mixture come to a simmer. Add your ramen noodles. I actually used 2 packets of noodles even though I only showed one in the video. I found the sauce was great for 2 packets.
I used the Buldak Spicy Kimchi flavored noodles. As a kimchi lover, I had to try! Add in your sauce packets over your noodles and let the noodles rehydrate in the spicy broth we made. Once the noodles are cooked, give them a toss! If you are finding you need more water, add 1/4 cup in.
Sprinkle with some green onion and enjoy!
Easy 10 Minute Spicy Kimchi Ramen
- 2 Packets Buldak Spicy Kimchi Ramen Noodles With Flavoring
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce or 1 Tbsp Dark Soy
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Green Onion to Garnish
- In a skillet on medium to high heat, sauté garlic and chili pepper flakes until fragrant about 1 minute.
- Add in soy sauce and water and stir.
- Add in your noodles and flavorings and let the noodles rehydrate with the broth we created. If you need more water add 1/4 cup at a time.
- Let noodles cook until tender.
- Mix in the noodles, sauce, and flavorings until it all becomes one.
- Garnish with Green Onion.
Delicious! I added a little bit of ginger as it is my favourite spice and it was quite tasty. Would make again.