There might not be anything better than crispy boneless wings! I love the crunch of the fried chicken with the tossing of your favorite sauce! These honey BBQ boneless wings with my spicy chipotle ranch have to be the best appetizer yet! The flavors really compliment each other and I love how saucy we can get!
This recipe is pretty simple and only requires you to make the sauces and fry the chicken! Let’s break it down into some easy steps. First, marinate the diced 1 inch chicken cubes in buttermilk and the following seasonings: salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne. This can marinate for 2 hours up to overnight in the fridge.
Once they are marinated, pour a bowl of flour and we will take the marinated chicken and toss it in the flour, back into the marinade, and back into the flour for a double coat. I find this really makes the chicken extra crispy. When all the pieces are coated, fry in hot frying oil like vegetable or canola. Once they are golden brown, set on a rack for them to cool.
Meanwhile, for the chipotle ranch, puree some chipotle chili peppers with a little water and lime juice to create a puree. I used a small can of chipotles with about 1/2 cup water. In a large bowl, add 1 cup buttermilk, 1 cup mayo, 1 Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Packet, and half of your puree. Mix well until all combined.
Lastly for the BBQ sauce, take your favorite sauce and add 1 cup of sauce, to 2 tbsp honey, to 1 tbsp vinegar. Mix well! Toss your fried wings in the BBQ sauce and drizzle with the chipotle mayo. Top with green onions and enjoy!
Crispy Honey Barbecue Boneless Wings with Chipotle Ranch
- 2 Lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Cups Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Cayenne
- 2-3 Cups Flour
- 6 Cups Frying Oil
Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce of Choice
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 1 Packet Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- 1 7 Oz Can Chipotles
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Green Onion
- Dice your Chicken into 1 inch cubes
- Marinate your chicken in 3 cups of buttermilk and our seasonings. This can be for 2 hours up to overnight in the fridge
- Double bread your chicken by tossing the marinated chicken in the flour, then back into the marinade, and then in the flour.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown and inside is fully cooked, about 10-12 minutes a batch.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients for the honey ranch. Set aside.
- In a small blender, add your chipotles and 1/2 cup of water, and lime juice. Blend until a smooth paste.
- In a separate bowl, add your ranch ingredients along with half of your chipotle puree. Mix well.
- Once the wings are tossed in the bbq sauce, drizzle with the ranch and top with green onions!