As a food blogger and social media content creator. I make a LOT of food. Yet, I do not always eat what I make. I like to cater to a wide audience, but for me, I am intolerant to gluten. I can only eat dairy and sugar in moderate amount, however, that does not mean I cannot enjoy my recipes.
Of course all of my food gets eaten by my hungry boyfriend, friends, and family. I have had some digestive issues, so lately I worked with a nutritionist to get me back on track. I have come a very long way, so I am always incorporating more balanced meals.
This recipe is reflective of the types of meals I eat on a regular basis. It is all about moderation. Eat healthy power bowls and order a side of fries on the weekend!
For this recipe, we are going to broil our cauliflower. First, separate your cauliflower onto a lined baking sheet. Next we need to make the marinade. In a separate bowl, add your olive oil, soy sauce or gluten free soy (tamari) , maple syrup, and sriracha. Pour over cauliflower and toss until it is fully coated.
Broil in your oven at 400 F until crispy, or you can air fry at 390 for 12-15 minutes. You want to have it nice and roasted, so adjust the time as needed.
While the cauliflower is cooking, create your avocado sauce. In a blender, add avocado, 1/2 jalapeño, cilantro, sour cream, and lime juice. Blend together and add water 1 tbsp at a time to thin the sauce if you want a runnier consistency.
Once everything is done, create your salad bowl. Add your power greens first. Then your wild rice medley, I used a medley of brown rice, quinoa, and flax seed. You can purchase this rice medley at the store. Next, add your cauliflower and sauce. Lastly, top with your sunflower seeds!
Crispy Cauliflower Whole Grain Nutrition Salad
- 1 Cauliflower
- 2 Cups Power Greens (Kale, Spinach, Arugula or a blend of them)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes or Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Wild Rice Medley
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1/2 Jalapeno
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Soy (Tamari)
- Preheat your oven to 375-400 F
- Mix olive oil, sriracha, maple syrup, and soy sauce together
- Brush onto cauliflower. Roast your cauliflower until crispy, about 20 minutes or until your desired doneness.
- In a blender, combine avocado, cilantro, sour cream, jalapeño, lime juice, and salt together. If you prefer a thinner dressing, add water 1 tbsp at a time until it is your desired consistency.
- To assemble your bowl, add greens first, then rice medley, tomatoes, crispy cauliflower, and lastly the dressing. Optional is to sprinkle with sunflower seeds for extra crunch!
Leave a Reply