As a shrimp lover, I am always looking for fun ways to enjoy one of my favorite seafood shellfish! This recipe is easy and so delicious! Fried shrimp has the perfect crisp and crunch and perfect for dipping in your favorite sauce. Find the full recipe for the sweet and spicy chili sauce here!
If you like shrimp, then you will love this recipe.
First, you want to create our sauce. The full recipe can be found here. For the sauce, it is sweet with the orange juice and spicy with the garlic chili paste. It is the perfect sweet and spicy chili sauce and pairs perfectly with your shrimp.
For your shrimp, first make sure they are de-veined. You can buy pre de-veined shrimp at the store. To butterfly your shrimp, take a small knife and gently run it down the back of the shrimp. you are disconnecting the back part but not cutting all the way through.
This just opens the surface area of the shrimp more so there is more surface area for frying.
First dredge the shrimp in your flour. Then take your shrimp and dip in the egg. This will help bind the bread crumbs to the surface and make it extra crispy. Dip the shrimp into the bread crumbs and we will begin to fry.
In a pot with hot oil, carefully lower your shrimp 4 at a time. Do not over crowd the shrimp or they will not cook as well.
Once the shrimp are done, serve with your sauce! Enjoy!
Crispy and Crunchy Fried Shrimp
- 1/2 Lb Raw De-Veined Shrimp
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs (Mine were Gluten Free)
- 1 Tbsp Chili Lime Seasoning
- Take your raw shrimp and take a small knife and run it along the back of the shrimp from the top of the tail down.
- Do not cut all the way through the shrimp. Gently press the back of the shrimp to press the cut open a little wider.
- Take you butterflied shrimp and set aside.
- In three separate bowls, add flour to one, egg, and bread crumbs to another.
- Add 1 tbsp of Cajun seasoning to the flour and mix. That seasoning mix can be substituted for 1/2 tsp each of salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, parsley.
- Dip the shrimp in the flour first, then the egg and lastly the bread crumbs. I used gluten free flour and bread crumbs but you can use regular.
- On medium to high heat in vegetable oil, fry up to 4 shrimp at a time until golden brown and shrimp is cooked. This is about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with the sweet chili sauce and enjoy!