When it comes to quick and easy recipes, this one is for you. Whether you are in the mood to snack, or you want a fun, fork-free dinner, this recipe is fast and can be made under 30 minutes! These taquitos are crunchy, cheesy, and full of flavor!
First, start with your beef mixture. Add minced garlic and chopped onion into the skillet. Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Next, add 1 lb of ground beef. You could also substitute this for ground turkey if you would like!
Season your beef mixture with 1 tbsp each of: salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, and cumin. Once the seasoning is well incorporated in the beef, add 1 chopped jalapeño and 1 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste. Thoroughly mix the mixture and remove from the heat.
Before we assemble, we need to warm up our corn tortillas. If you do not do that prior to rolling, they will easily break and crack. You can also do these with flour tortillas if you would like. For heating up your tortillas, you can do the traditional way of heating up a hot skillet and placing them directly on the heat for 30 seconds each side, or you can microwave them in a damp paper towel.
For ease and time, I just a damp paper towel and microwaved them for about 20-30 seconds. They came out soft and easy to roll.
Take your tortilla and add 1 small spoonful of the beef mixture at the end of the tortilla and about 1 tbsp of shredded cheese. Gently roll into a tight tube and place fold side down in the air fryer. Once you have all your taquitos rolled up, add a little cooking spray to the top. You can use the aerosol olive oil spray.
Cook in a preheated air fryer at 390 for about 9-11 minutes based on your model. Feel free to check them halfway through and adjust timing if necessary.
Top with sour cream, pico de Gallo, and pickled onions. These are great to dip into guacamole, sour cream, and salsa!
Crispy Air Fryer Beef Taquitos
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Onion Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp Each: Salt. Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Cayenne, Chili Powder, Paprika, and Cumin
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 1 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Pico De Gallo
- Pickled Onions
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 F.
- In a skillet on medium to high heat, add oil, garlic and onion. Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add your 1 lb of ground beef and seasonings and mix well.
- Toss In your diced jalapeño and tomato paste. Once the beef mixture is cooked, set it aside.
- Heat your tortillas before rolling the taquitos. Do this by either heating them in a hot skillet for 30 seconds on each side or microwaving several at a time in a damp paper towel for 20 seconds.
- Place a small spoonful of beef on the end of the tortilla and spread it lengthwise so it reaches each end of the tortilla. Add some cheese and gently roll into a tube shape.
- Be careful not to over stuff. Place the taquitos seam side down in the air fryer. Gently spray the tops of them with aerosol cooking spray.
- Air fry for 9-11 minutes checking them halfway through. You can fill them halfway through as well.
- You can garnish them if you want or dip them in your favorite salsa!