You can never go wrong with creamy shrimp pasta. In fact, shrimp and pasta go together like two peas and a pod! My recipe is the perfect amount of spicy to compliment the velvety creamy pasta. This will be your go to pasta recipe from now on!
For the first part of my recipe, I seasoned my shrimp heavily. I used 1 tbsp each of salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, dried parsley, paprika, cayenne, onion powder, and garlic powder and marinate our shrimp. I want this to be full of flavor! Next, I took my shrimp and sautéed them for about 4 minutes in a hot skillet on medium to high heat.
Once your shrimp are done cooking, I added some minced garlic and deglazed the pan with some chicken broth. You can also use white wine as well. This will get nice and steamy! Then, you want to add your heavy cream. Give this a nice stir to make sure everything is coming together.
We will be adding cheese to help thicken the sauce. This recipe can be gluten friendly if you use gluten free noodles. I do not use any flour to thicken the sauce. I used grated parmesan and mozzarella and added it to my sauce with a little lemon juice and parsley.
Once your sauce is to your liking, toss your shrimp and pasta back in. If you find your sauce is a hair too thick, you can add a little pasta water to thin it out, If you find your sauce is too thin, let it simmer with the noodles for just a couple of minutes so the pasta absorbs some of the sauce, or add some more cheese!
Creamy Spicy Shrimp Fettuccine Pasta
- 1 lb Jumbo Shrimp
- 1 tbsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Cajun Seasoning, Dried Parsley, Onion and Garlic Powder, Paprika, and Cayenne, Red Pepper Flake
- 4 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth or White Wine
- 2-3 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Mozarella
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/3 cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 Box of Fettuccine or Gluten Free Pasta
- First, season your shrimp to your liking.
- Next, sauté your shrimp on medium to high heat in a skillet for about 4 minutes or until shrimp is 90% cooked. We will be adding this back into the pan, so it will continue to cook.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and add your minced garlic. Then, add your chicken broth or white wine to deglaze.
- Next, add your heavy cream and give it a nice stir. Once the sauce is coming together, add your cheese, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Lastly, toss in your shrimp and cooked fettuccine. and top with some red pepper flakes.