Here is one of my most requested recipes! As a chicken and pasta lover, this is such a delicious and EASY recipe. The flavorful combination of the seasoned chicken pairs perfectly with the cream sauce. I was inspired to create this dish because I wanted something easy but savory for dinner. I was astounded by the flavor I captured in this dish despite the limited ingredients!
Chicken is always a go to for me as a protein, but I always get so bored with plain chicken, so I knew I needed to spice it up. There are so many ways to season chicken, I just did a pre-made cajun seasoning. If you are looking for a basic seasoning blend, my go to is always salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
I cooked my chicken for about 6 minutes a side. I removed my chicken from the pan, but did not clean it! You want to save the brown bits from the chicken for the sauce. This is what gives it so much flavor! Add your garlic , wine, lemon juice and heavy cream. This will provide the creamy base for the sauce. Meanwhile, while you make your sauce, cook your pasta!
You want to make sure your sauce gets the perfect creaminess. Next, you want to add your mozzarella cheese. This is an easy way to get that creamy and thick texture without adding flour. The best part of this recipe, is that it was completely gluten free by using GF pasta. When it comes to the amount of cheese, I never truly measure. Cheese is always measured by the heart! Toss in your cooked pasta and chicken. I love to add a squeeze of lemon on top!
Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- Seasonings of your choice
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Dried parsley
- 1/2 -1 cup shredded mozzarella or more!
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pasta of choice (I used GF)
Optional: red pepper flakes
- Season your chicken.
- Cook in a skillet on medium to high heat with a little oil and 1 tbsp butter until done.
- Remove chicken and add butter.
- We want to save the browned bits on the pan from the chicken.
- add 1 tablespoon minced garlic, and 1/2 cup white wine (use chicken stock as a substitute).
- Deglaze the pan.
- Add 3/4 cup heavy cream and stir together.
- Add 1-2 cups (or more no judgement) shredded mozzarella and the juice of one lemon and zest.
- Let cook down until thickened.
- Add cooked pasta and top with the chicken! Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for added heat!