Warning: you won’t be able to stop once you try my creamy chicken pasta with roasted broccoli! The savory chicken is the perfect pair to the creamy spaghetti and crispy broccoli! So enjoy this after your long day and be prepared to be amazed!
I am all about making food taste great with every bite, and this dinner is no exception. I am so excited with how delicious this recipe turned out to be. The simple ingredients made every flavor stand out. First, I wanted to incorporate more green veggies in my pasta dishes. As a big broccoli fan, I knew this was what I wanted to use. I seasoned my broccoli with oil, salt, and pepper and baked in the oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
I then seasoned my chicken with my signature spice blend. You can season it with whatever you like, but I find that mine always gets the most flavor. That is salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, Italian seasoning, red pepper flake and chicken bouillon. I seared my chicken on each side for about 6 minutes on medium to high heat. My chicken breasts were halved to make cooking time faster.
Once my chicken was done, I added some white wine and butter to the pan. I wanted to deglaze the pan and get all of the flavorful bits. When cooking at home, flavor is so important and you can do so with limited ingredients. I added my heavy cream, cream cheese, and shredded cheese to the pot so it could all simmer and thicken over low to medium heat. If you find your sauce is a bit thick, add your pasta water to thin it out.
Convenience is always key when making quick and delicious meals at home. This meal only took me 30 minutes which is the best part! While you cook your chicken and sauce, you can make your pasta. I used gluten free spaghetti, but there is no real wrong choice. Use what you love! This dish was actually GF. It is the pasta that determines the dish! Once the pasta is tossed in the sauce, add your chicken and broccoli. You can garnish with parsley, parmesan cheese, and red pepper flake for some added heat!
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 pack of spaghetti or pasta of choice (mine was GF)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Seasonings of choice: salt pepper, Cajun…etc
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2-3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese 1/2 block
- 1/2 cup-3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2-4 tbsp pasta water optional
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Take your broccoli and drizzle with olive oil.
- And salt/pepper.
- Roast in an oven at 375°F for about 25 min.
- Make sure to check on it and give it a flip if need be.
- Meanwhile, season your chicken and cook in a pan about 5 to 6 minutes aside.
- Take out and set aside.
- Leave the brown bits in the pan we want to use those!
- Next add your minced garlic and white wine.
- This helps deglaze the pan and gets all the flavor off the bottom of the pan and into the sauce.
- Add a tablespoon of butter, your heavy cream, cheeses, and stir. If your sauce is looking a little thick, you can add some pasta water.
- One or sauces to the consistency you like, add your cook spaghetti and toss.
- Nestle your chicken in the pasta and add your broccoli. Garnish with some parsley and Parmesan cheese!