Creamy soups have to be my favorite type of soup. I love the velvety texture and flavor! Soups are so versatile and offer so much flavor. This spicy and roasted poblano soup will be your next favorite. The best part about it is how easy it is to make!
First, we need to roast your vegetables. This soup is mostly hands off which is so nice! I took 6 poblano peppers, 3 jalapeños, 1/2 white onion, and 5 garlic cloves and placed them on my baking sheet. Drizzle your veggies with olive oil and salt and roast at 375 for about 30-45 minutes or until the skin of the peppers is blistered.
Once the veggies are cooked, remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Carefully remove the stems from the peppers and the skin. Since these are roasted, the skin is super easy to peel off. If you leave them on, they can add an undesired bitterness to the soup.
Place all of your veggies in a blender and add about 1/2-3/4 cup of heavy cream. Next, pour the soup into a pot and thin it out with chicken broth and have cream.
Once the soup is to your desired thickness, ladle into your bowls. To garnish, add creama, Fresno Chile, oil, red pepper flake, cilantro and pepper.
Creamy and Spicy Roasted Poblano Soup
- 6 Poblano Peppers
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 White Onion
- 3 Jalapeños
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth Add more to thin it out if needed
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Fresno Chile
- Red Pepper Flake
- Truffle Oil
- Creama or Sour Cream
- Roast your veggies with oil and salt at 375 for about 30-45 minutes or until skin is blistered
- Remove the veggies and let cool for 5 minutes
- Carefully remove the stem of the peppers and the skin. Since they are tender and roasted, the skin will easily peel off
- Place your cooked veggies into a blender and add a 1/2-3/4 cup of heavy cream. Blend
- Take you thick soup and pour into a pot. Add the remaining heavy cream and chicken broth to thin it out a little.
- Let simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with optional garnishes.
Leave a Reply