We all love a great pasta dish. One of my favorite pasta shapes is rigatoni. The noodles are the perfect shape for picking up lots of sauce! Well, this recipe is a food fusion between Korean and Italian, an unlikely duo. This creamy and spicy Korean chili pasta is the perfect bite for any pasta enthusiast!
For the red sauce, we are going to start off simple. Finely chop some garlic and shallot and sauté in a pan with some olive oil on medium heat. Once they become fragrant (1 minute), add 1 heaping tablespoon of tomato paste and 1-2 heaping tablespoon of Gojuchang Paste. This is like a sweet Korean chili paste that is not spicy and bursting with flavor.
Let that cook together for another minute, then add your heavy cream. I used about 1.5-2 cups. Once your heavy cream is nicely combined, add another heaping 1-2 tablespoons of hot chili sauce. I used the brand LaoGanma. I found this one to be the perfect amount of mild-medium spice with chili and garlic crips throughout the sauce to add a beautiful texture.
Mix that in all together and let it cook over low heat while you cook your rigatonis. Once they are all cooked, toss into your sauce! I garnished with some green onion and red pepper flake.
Creamy and Spicy Korean Chili Pasta
- 1/2 box Rigatoni Pasta
- 1.5-2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste Heaping tbsp
- 1-2 tbsp Gojugang Chili Paste Heaping tbsp
- 1-2 tbsp Laoganma Fried Chili in Oil Heaping tbsp
- 4 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Minced Shallot
- Green Onion
- Red Pepper Flake
- Cook your rigatoni.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium to high heat, add your minced shallot and garlic to olive oil and sauté.
- Once fragrant, add your tomato paste and Gojuchang paste. Give it a stir and add your heavy cream. Turn heat to low-medium.
- Once the ingredients are incorporated, add your fried chilis in oil and stir.
- Toss in your rigatoni and serve with green onion and red pepper flake.