You will not be able to order any other wing flavor once you try this amazing combination! These are my boyfriend’s favorite wings of all time. For his birthday, I made him a batch. Now, you can have the recipe and enjoy these for any big game day!
I first blotted my wings completely dry. I wanted to make sure all of the moisture was out of the wing. This will insure a crispy wing. The best and most fool proof way of getting a wing crispy is through frying. However, oil can definitely be high in calories along side the chicken itself. Instead, we will mimic the same texture using both the oven and air fryer to get the desired texture.
The most important ingredient in crispy oven baked wings is baking POWDER. This helps the skin dry out in the cooking process, allowing it to crisp up with the heat. I used the baking powder alongside some of my preferred seasonings to make sure the chicken had great flavor without the sauce.
You want to make sure all of the seasoning is really incorporated in the wings. I used two different cooking methods to test which one got more crispy. There are a lot of different versions out there, but I will share which worked best for me. I found that the air fryer was the fastest and the crispiest. That comes at no surprise being a condensed convection oven. For the oven baked ones, the crisp was still there but it did take longer. I let my wings cook at a lower temperature first, and then blasted it with heat to crisp up the skin. I found this to be better than cooking them at one temperature for longer.
While the wings are cooking, you can work on your sauce. You want to melt 1/2 stick of butter. Next, find a mixing bowl and add the butter, buffalo sauce, garlic powder, parmesan, and parsley. Give a nice whisk and you have an amazing tangy sauce. Who knew combining these would be so delicious! Serve with ranch and blue cheese and enjoy this fun wing combination!
Buffalo Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 1 lb Chicken wings
- 1/2 stick Melted butter
- 3/4 cup Buffalo sauce
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Minced or dried parsley
- 2 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Each of preferred wing seasoning Each (salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, garlic and onion powder, chicken seasoning etc…)
- 2 tbsp Baking powder
- Blot completely dry chicken wings
- Season with your preferred seasonings
- For baking, place on rack and bake in oven at 300 F for 25 minutes and then crank heat to 450 for 30-40 minutes checking on them half way through
- For airfrying, place on rack and airfry for 45 minutes at 355
- Take buffalo sauce, melted butter, garlic powder, parsley, and parmesan cheese and mix in a bowl
- Toss wings in sauce. Serve with Ranch or blue cheese and enjoy!