There are probably a million ways to make a delicious breakfast sandwich! I love the fluffy eggs with the crispy bun and sauce. It is a fun way to enjoy your breakfast and makes it great for on the go! This recipe is easy, delicious and going to leave you ready to start your day!
For this recipe, you only need one small skillet! One pan meals are quick, easy, and mess free. First get your nonstick skillet and heat it up on medium to high heat. Take your ground sausage and mold it into a patty if you do not have pre-made sausage patties. I like mine bigger, so I bought the ground sausage and made my own!
Cook your sausage into the pan until your patty is crispy brown on the outside and cooked on the inside. This took about 5-8 minutes.
Next, remove your patty and set aside. Butter your pretzel buns and toast each side until you have it toasted to your liking. Once your buns are done, remove from the pan and set aside.
Turn the heat down in your skillet to low/medium and add some butter. Once your butter is melted, add your mixed eggs and continuously stir. Remove the pan from the heat and slowly stir. Move the pan back onto the heat if your eggs need some more cooking. Placing the pan back and forth on the heat helps control how hot your pan gets so you do not over cook your eggs. You can add some seasoning and green onion to your eggs.
To make the sriracha mayo, add 1 part mayo to 1 part sriracha and mix together. It is really that simple!
Once your eggs are cooked, it is time to assemble. Place your toasted bun down and add your sriracha mayo. Next, add fresh tomatoes and your sausage patty.
Carefully place your eggs on top of the sausage patty and add 1 slice of cheddar cheese. I like to stick this into the toaster so it can fully melt.
Add some sliced avocado and more of the sriracha mayo. Lastly, top it off with the top bun and enjoy!
Best Pretzel Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 Eggs Scrambled
- Country Pork Sausage Ground or Pre-made Patties
- 1 Slice Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Slices Tomato
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Pretzel Bun
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Sriracha
- In a nonstick skillet on medium to high heat cook your sausage patties or form a patty with ground pork sausage
- Once your pork is fully cooked, remove from the pan.
- Butter each pretzel bun and toast in the pan or toaster.
- Remove the buns and add more butter. Lower the heat and add in your scrambled eggs. Cook eggs until desired doneness and add optional seasoning. I added green onion as well.
- In a small bowl, add your mayo and sriracha and mix together.
- To start the assembly, add some of the sriracha mayo to your toasted bun. Add your tomato, sausage patty, then egg.
- Melt some cheddar cheese on top of the egg and top with the sliced avocado, more sriracha mayo, and the top bun
Leave a Reply