Let’s upgrade your quesadilla game! Quesadillas are so delicious with the crispy flour tortilla and melty cheese, however, we are going to make these even better! We are combining two classics of sizzling chicken fajitas and cheesy quesadillas.
First we need to cut our veggies. For this recipe, use red, yellow, and green bell peppers. I love the color the peppers bring to the dish. Next, use white onion and jalapeños for some added heat!
I cut my veggies into long pieces and did the same with my chicken. The thinner the strips the easier it will be to cook and to eat in quesadilla form!
In your cast iron, add a couple of tbsp of olive oil and cook your veggies to about 80% done. Once they are almost cooked, throw in your chicken and seasonings. You can use 1 tbsp each of: Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Chili Powder, Cayenne, Red Pepper Flake, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, and Onion PowderIt is time to get everything nice and sizzling! When everything is cooked, set your cast iron aside and pull out the non-stick.
In the nonstick, melt a little butter, Take your flour tortilla and place into the warmed skillet. Add your shredded cheese, fajita mix, and more cheese!
Serve with sour cream and enjoy!
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 White Onion
- 1 Jalapeno
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tbsp Each of: Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Chili Powder, Cayenne, Red Pepper Flake, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder
- 2 Flour Tortillas
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese I Used Cheedar and Mozzarella
- Chop your veggies.
- In your cast iron, cook your veggies until 80% done. Then add your sliced chicken and seasonings.
- Once fajita mix is cooked, set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, add a little butter or oil and place your tortilla into the skillet. Add cheese, fajita mix, and cheese and fold in half.
- Flip once the bottom of the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese and beginning to melt. Cook about 2 minutes a side on medium heat.
- Serve immediately with salsa or sour cream!