If you are a fan of my air fryer bites, then you do not want to miss this recipe! Air fryer bites are kind of my thing! If you have seen my air fryer salmon bites with the garlic cream sauce, then this is an upgraded version! Add freshly grated parmesan for the perfect textured and salty sauce.
This recipe is by far one of the easiest you can find. It is pack full of rich and creamy flavor. All you need is an air fryer. Don’t have one? No worries, you CAN do this easily in the oven.
First take your salmon and dice it into 1 inch cubes. Season your salmon to your liking. I used Old Bay and Louisiana’s Cajun seasoning. If you do not have those, no worries, season with 1 tsp of each of the following: salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and cayenne.
Preheat your air fryer to 390. I just set mine at 390 and let it air fry for about 6-10 minutes to get the machine up and running. For your oven, just do the same thing.
On a greased air fryer basket, spread your salmon evenly. Do the same to your lined baking sheet if you are using an oven. Air fry your bites for 9-11 minutes depending on your air fryer. You can peak at them around the 9 minute mark. For the oven, bake about 15 minutes.
While your bites are going, in a small saucepan add 1 tbsp of butter, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan, 1 tbsp of freshly grated garlic, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, and 1 of freshly minced parsley. Next, heat this together over low to medium heat. Season with salt to your liking.
I use freshly grated parmesan cheese because it has the best texture when melted. It is not lumpy and evenly thickens the sauce. It also is a hint more salty. If you can splurge on a fresh block, I highly recommend it, but it is not required.
Once the bites are done, take out and serve over masked potatoes or pasta and drizzle your sauce!
Air Fryer Salmon Bites with Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- 5-6 Oz Salmon
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning If not available use 1 Tsp Each: Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Cayenne, Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Louisiana Cajun Seasoning Optional
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Minced or Grated Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Minced Parsley
- Dice your salmon into 1 inch cubes.
- Preheat your air fryer or oven to 390 F.
- Season your salmon with Old Bay and Cajun seasonings or seasonings of your choice . (Alternative seasoning in the Ingredients list above).
- Place your seasoned salmon on a greased air fryer basket or lined baking sheet making sure they are not over crowded.
- Air fry at 390 for 9-11 minutes. Bake for about 15.
- In a small sauce pan over low to medium heat, add the butter, heavy cream, parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, and parsley. Stir until the sauce is combined. The cheese will make it thicker. Sprinkle in a little salt to your liking.
- Serve your salmon over potatoes or pasta and drizzle sauce over salmon.